These are some of the main highlights of my work as an educator and technologist in international schools. It lists some of my major collaborative achievements in my various roles as both a teacher and an administrator in a K-12 setting.
American School of Doha
(Aug 2014 – present)
- Collaborated with leadership and teachers from across divisions in the launch of a unified learning management system (PowerSchool Learning). This was a 18+ month project that required working closely with various staff/faculty/student and parent groups.
- Working with members from across the divisions on the development of a Data Protection Policy for the school.
- Collaborated with Admissions and local banks in setting up payment gateways for fee processing.
- Designed and developed an all-school leave request system for staff/faculty. Created using Google Apps scripts, the system is designed to work with PowerSchool SIS and the HR department.
- Designed an all-school event management system where staff could reserve spaces around the school. It was linked to Google Calendar for auto-update of events post approval.
- Collaborated with HR department in designing an automated workflow for the hiring and separation processes of staff/faculty.
- Worked with Middle School and High School leadership on the design and implementation of a Student Learning Support portal (Google Sheets/Scripts + HTML Widgets/Google Sites). Teachers use this portal/dashboard to submit student concerns and collaborate with support teachers in monitoring student’s academic and personal growth.
- Collaborated with leadership in designing an all-school Service Learning and Student Fundraising portal.
- Designed a school-wide automated ticket management system for IT helpdesk for all tech related requests.
Copenhagen International School
(Aug 2007 – Jul 2014)
- As Database Administrator, worked closely with leadership from all divisions of the school in implementing Veracross SIS and its integration with FinalSite as single sign-on communication center for students, teachers and parents.
- Helped my IB Computer Science students in collaborating with other teachers in the design, development and implementation of software solutions (Java) to address automation needs.
- Worked with my MYP 4 and 5 technology students in building interactive web based solutions for community clubs in school.
- Collaborated with High School leadership in the design and development of an all-school web-based Purchase Ordering System.
- Collaborated with Finance department in designing an online time-sheet submission system for substitutes.
- Introduced Coding Club for High School students to meet, brainstorm and design various applications/apps for the community.
Escuela Campo Alegre
(Aug 2000 – Jul 2007)
- Collaborated with Elementary IT and my Grade 9 IT class groups in setting up and maintaining custom teacher class websites.
- Collaborated with Tech leadership on various pioneering projects like 1:1 laptop program and introduction of Microsoft Exchange web based email service.
- Led the first Grade 10 Robotics class at the school with LEGO MindStorms.
- Pioneered usage of SmartBoards in the classroom which enabled blended learning models in IB Computing and Tech classes.
- Pioneered the use of Adobe (then called Macromedia) products to support tech students in designing animation, websites, graphics and other community publications.
- Collaborated with various teachers from different divisions in using expertise from ICT classes to design products for them.
- Each batch of Computer Science students developed solutions in C++/Java/Visual Basic to address automation needs raised by other teachers/staff.
- Was among the first teachers in school to have a custom classroom website for IB Computer Science. The resources grew extensively in just a couple of years and were used by lot of other IB Computing classes around the world.
- Conducted several in-house training for staff and presented at local conferences like VANAS (Venezuelan Association of North American Schools).